Monday, June 11, 2012

The Rider and the Steed: my Employer and I


The Rider and the Steed: my Employer and I

Acceptance of what is and what is in knots
Wrapped around the brain of those you ponder changing
As if the habits were like fancies or twinkles of the day
To which the inspiration of wow factors could alter

There is no awe without the vision to witness the difference
Between normal and abnormal and gift or jinx
There is only passive acknowledgement to the existence
Of a presence on the basis of what it appears to be

Perception based on the vantage point the reports
Like chicken pecked surface insects for the feasting
In the moments of passing glance and underneath
The meat of the animal in which the mosquitoes feast

The blood withdrawn is left abandoned on the roadside
To where ever this caravan may lead, but it certainly is not
Under the beast’s control, the driver pulls the steed’s bit
Left to right, right to left, standing still until there is nothing left

But criticism as to the current location of accumulating
Winnings for this race, gold in the chests is heavy yet not enough
And calls for faster times and faster runs and it does not matter
What this horse may do, I am witnessed only through

The rider’s lens the field and snow and it is my choice
These fields he asks me to sow, if I do not wish than I may go
If this pay is unfounded and I am treated as a cog in this machine
Then I may brake and I may leave

From here on out, no more complaints, no more morale at stake
I will stand and I will face the leader of my own guided maze
I will deposit these checks that I have earned and I will not resent
The manner in which my head is turned, unless a choice I was to make is made

The steed of these days must learn we will never be partners
Hope and fear are lost, the rider will do what the rider must and I am not the vessel
In which the rider will ever put his trust.  He wants his child to carry on
In the paradigm of his only known song and I can not sing in his tune

The taste, the bit in tooth, I will eschew bitter for salt, work of the Earth
The flavor of results, let go of certainty and let this world be
And run free in verdant pastures even when hauling over the rockiest of lots

No comments:

Post a Comment