Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sweetness

Sweetness

For as much sincerity as you may intend to convey
Please do not call me sweet
My actions and motivations are in fact genuine and honest
And fit all the characteristics of that word

But the flip side of its limitations is a death knell
Into the imprisonment of friendship of dispassionate kisses
And distance that I fear contemplating feeling
There are large parts of me that want to care for you

To find a bastion of kindness in your embrace
However the animal side of these fences
Can not survive with being relinquished into an afterthought

If there is an uncertainty in you to put me off into that pasture
Of bland than please tell me now, so that I can stop wanting you
Because this in me is not under my jurisdiction of control
It is inherently organic and jarring

To want to bust down these barriers, lay it down
Into a forefront of discussion and erase these uncertainties

My compass is under repair
And traveling and waiting on the arraignments of your discretion
Is like water torture in the rivers of silences
My doubt is like a demagnetizing dissonance to navigation

Oxidized in years of deceit and failed attempts to which you
Were never a party to, yet in my humanity recall
Into the possibilities of what you have yet to say aloud

I need a greater sign, a symbol, a flare
Of why you are here, motivated from an internal genesis
To stabilize this tool of north and south

And these overtures dripping in your marked sugar and honey
Are like lightning strikes bordering between true appreciation
And reluctance to tell me a greater truth of what you wish I would not have done
To make it easier for you to walk away

And this insecurity I will wrap up and never tell you
I will ball it up and fester until dissolved by a truth revealed
Waiting like acid on my tongue burning in an indeterminate exile
With a taste anything, but sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment