Saturday, June 16, 2012

Harvest Grain


Harvest Grain

There is a growing certainty in me that we will be a we
This is not normal or ordinary or average or complex
To comprehend that in all cliché’s there is part of me
That craves you like a counter weight impressed upon

A space in me that has been vacant for longer than memory
And this stress of abandonment will dwindle and drain away
From these wet clothes I have been wearing to allow for the
Warmth of my trust in you that these garments are appropriate

I am not an embarrassment lurking to shuffle to the side
With an explanation for what I am not to you,
To you addressing your friends and family and all those
That knew you before me, that I am that which fills

These reciprocal spaces in you that have sat there like
Wheat fields awaiting a harvest for an overload of seasons
Staring at you I find the sickle to the grindstone to the hearth
To change the form of your stores produced from the crop of your plans

Like a meal and a bounty and bread baked on my counting
Of each kernel and each piece was there like a gift waiting
For me to recognize the simplicity and complexity in all its necessity
To you and this world and the we will be 

No comments:

Post a Comment