Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Mountain’s Bending River

The Mountain’s Bending River

When will it be ok to say, I do not want to go a day
Without speaking with you

These hours they climb up and down vines
Of this cement wall wait, of all these times
I am supposed to taste the water of my own patience over haste

That you will see a time where the lines of priorities
Merge into an authority of expected collision
Instead of all of all these electronic provisions
Of handed over words and seeing in weeks

That this expanse of damning this river is fraught with leaks
That I can see all the snow collected from this past winter
Melted and flooding this valley and the splinters
Of wood cracking the lumber holding this damn back

River come raging and I don’t need any raft for saving
Just your hand and your skin and all of this comes
Flooding in like a mountain’s bending river alive
Grabbing us and I don’t think I can stop this what I dare not name

But I know I saw it there forming in those Smokey Mountain rains
Weeks and days and hours precipitating from a haze
Of colors collected in the sky out of reach until this breach
Allows the voice to say this is what is supposed to be

My days pouring out into these streets, not having to wait
To say these stays inside your maze, inside the phrase
That this is now normal and the lost and found has been reviewed
The box of all these lost animals has been exhumed

Riding here in dinners and pillow cases and all of those
Waits are now erased into an ease, waited for and now received

No comments:

Post a Comment