Saturday, June 23, 2012

Drowning Victim


Drowning Victim

Clog me up with standard thoughts
Locked up and doing absolutely nothing
But growing like a poisoned barnacle
Eating into my hull

Impeding my progress and wrecking the sway
Out here on the waters seething decay
Like a banshee howling on the maritime winds
I see the form you were born in

Refuse my hand, throw back the life jacket
And answer my prayers with a life that has moved past it
Reaching the inside of a girl long sense turned
Into this vampire feasting on a lesson
Taken too long to learn

Inside my brain and eradicating my hope
That there was part of you still there
To console and make peace, but
All that surfaces is a monster set on greed

So I placate your wrath with an overpass
Of all this wasteland, part of justice into a corruption
Of where we end so that we each can begin
A new path, out of this hell

Away from the control of the liabilities swell
Liar on the power of the hours wasted
On your contortions, straight jacket you
Won’t keep you from drowning

Out there on the waters the lies weigh down
Ankles and miles of subsurface teeth
Starting to meet the flesh that has betrayed
Black days, coming back to feast
On the only body left who believes you

No comments:

Post a Comment