Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wishlist

Wishlist

I want to open my car door for you and
Ride off listening to the soundtrack of my teenage years
Playing in your ears and finding the position
Of shared experiences expanding

I want to meet your best friends
To refer to them by first names and laugh
In a stand alone context

I want to sit with you on a gray sofa
Cushioned in the peace of wanting
To be no where else but in the folds
Of that moment

I want to lace my fingers in yours
And dance to Otis Redding.
I want to hold my hands to your hips
And sway to Rebirth at play
In the walls of the Maple Leaf

I want to see your naked body
Looking up at me ravished
In pulsating release.

I want to search a Southwest schedule
And fly to the snow and learn from you.
I want a reason to renew my passport.

I want to be at a secure marking point
To introduce you to my daughter,
Knowing you have no desire to exit,
And she is ready to share.

I want to participate in adult activities
To expand from the land of Rafi and ponies
To find a balance.

I want some time for myself, to get off the high-wire
And the luxury of a margin for error.

I want to introduce you to my brothers
And parents and welcome you with
Open arms to set a stage for a one day family.

In my heart I want a family of my own.
The largest part of mine committed suicide in the night.
I want you to have faith and want in me
I do not want you to replace her

I want you to be you obliterating the concept of comparison
In a kindness extrapolating across every day that remains
Imperfect and balancing a wondrous resonance

No comments:

Post a Comment