Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Days on Fire


Days on Fire

I am hesitant to even begin to describe last night
As if finding an island out here in these oceans
And to reveal its latitude and longitude would be
To invite flocking birds of tourists and on-lookers

To see the beauty that I see and some how corrupt the novelty
Of these moments, to taint them with a sense of expectation
Or common place that I yearn to invite into my own consciousness
Yet in these moments relish the freshness of footsteps

First into these sands from the hull, squishing toes and mobile land
Set into an alcove of time like a bead of dew gently expanding
Onto an inevitable roll of the day’s heat, patient for the evening
To begin again in full fruition of collection

Each day like a new creation scintillating and in all ways pragmatic
To that greatest of purposes of a Shangri la button town
Stitched on this map of hop-scotch constellations
Bounced between and landed here with her in my arms

Breathing above the carbon emissions of atmospheres
Resonating in a fog below this expanding, yet
In her embrace I am impervious to all things toxic
Dragging and yanking at my ankles or forefingers

Like cigar cutting devices with a penchant for truncating
The length of time one human is allowed to feel unbridled joy
In concert with the constructions of his adult responsibilities
These are days on fire and I am virally ecstatic to be burning

No comments:

Post a Comment