Sunday, June 24, 2012

A new part of speech


A new part of speech

Writing these lines, I step aside
Imprint her face, her body in a chair
To listen in an audience of one
Knowing that it is my task

To find the sum
Of syllables and syntax
To write love to send in an impact

Of her opening and reconsidering
Passing the moment
Where I let her love slip
Through my hands

Because I did not kindle
The sinew of my strength
Into a muscle like a
Map through a maze

To find each grain of sand
On a beach and carry them
Inside a memory I create
To the mountain in her mind

A journey I invent
To earn the passage of her time
In my presence like a gift
A passing of her lips

Into a part of speech
That I was blessed to meet
Fathom and ponder
In a season to wonder

Inside the mirror of  thoughts
That she could speak and my heart could park
The lines of her yearnings to find their place
In a part of me that has never learned the taste

Of love asking for me, like a lost canine
Wandering these streets, I have found home
In a new part of speech

No comments:

Post a Comment