Thursday, June 28, 2012

Eating Alone

Eating Alone

I look at myself and eat alone
Consuming the meal presented before
Everyone plated in the ordinary and miniscule
Accepted the unseasoned medley as a basis of standard fare

Of menu’s predetermined and printed on a repeating cycle
To see this censured fourteen year old face static to a flag pole
Five-feet nothing off the ground stump
The sophomores keep passing and I look up and the world

Looks down as if I will never be a man
My age like an inverted mathematic discounted
For all my experiences seemingly spent eighty-five percent alone
Wallowing in this irrelevant nonsense

Never ever connecting looking like a pubescent nightstand
Observing with empty drawers begging for deposits
Cavernous with an acknowledged plateau
Weeping that there is no input or wild horse running

Vapid pursuit forgotten years ago in the recognition of scores
Spun irrelevant for the one hope that there was her
With tangible clarity to grasp me like a lightning jolt,
The façade itches in an eerie laughter that I could hope to
Barter for faith in my own worth and ask her for permission

To breathe and exhale without censure
Knowing that she has smashed me to the ground like porcelain
Into bits wandering in this scattered sand

No comments:

Post a Comment