Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Inspire the Dire



Inspire the Dire

One day soon or maybe never
I will fracture this piggy bank and
Try to deliver the coins deposited
And sever this trapping of mapping

Out myself on the outskirts of timing
Until the hurts excerpt a certain level
Of truth of why in time that I
Have felt this way and have been so afraid to say

The reasons scripted and known
These times on the throne
Of a man without a kingdom
A man in a crown of downed

Power lines and unrequited messengers
To four corners and turning back
Without word or letters intact
In the stack of a thousand days

Spent writing words you inspired in me
Stories of yearning and burning
Identity to be this close and yet not free
To open the gates and wait

To see if you even wanted to see
What was over the edge,
Behind the levee of dead
Tree trunks on the water

Drift wood for some good
Staying afloat on the moat
Of decisions that either expel
Or grant my oblivion

And all the pressure of the water
Pressing the walls has nothing to do
With you, but the force still calls
Me to know all the lengths

That I had to go, to find you and
Be here in this moment and to explain
That to you is a conversation most solvent
In the solution of you asking to hear

The years in between the building and
Breaking of the dam of all that is in me

No comments:

Post a Comment