Thursday, June 28, 2012

Aneurism Lurking

I sit here afraid of the swell like a lurking home invasion
Silent behind a curtain with my own butcher knife
As if I rush in to flip the lights on or nonchalantly clank my keys into the bowl
The cobra will strike with a piercing and a thumping
A slither in my brain up a river of my blood steam

Flopping through my cerebellum like a porcupine in a zip lock bag
Unleashed from a cortex den of synapse leaped and ravaged
With quills rocketing off like New Year’s Eve for near death experiences
An aneurism sponsored on the elevation of the systems core

With the pipes wheezing and the joints whistling
As the adjoining bolts pop like kernels singed
Evacuated for the plant closure and the five o’clock buzzer
For down time, out of control and patience melting

And the year blanks out into absurdity
As if the time to amend the story to edit the memory
The fringes of my life have seen the sand collect in full
At the bottom of this glass and she may never know her father

Beyond what is written in a computer file, pictured in a jpeg
Or ingrained into a subconscious memory unearthed in a
Sentiment expressed at sixteen on a dance floor for a replacement
Hand to hold and shoulder to soak in the moment

Is it possible the flood is just on the horizon,
After the hurricane, the house, the betrayal,
The coring of all that I knew to be true
My own health will now abandon me as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment