Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Park bench and One A.M.

A Park bench and One A.M.

A park bench and one a.m.
Like an invisible crevice in time carved out
To crawl inside and become impervious to all other forces of nature
Except for those sitting juxtaposed in awe

Ashore and implored by the waves crashing in
Like the ending of sunken days
Breaking me under their pressure and telling you
That you make me feel safe, happy, and at peace

You shivering under jackets and insulation breaking down
Letting me crawl inside and wrap you over in my embrace
Compressing the space between us into a singularity

These waves on me like watersheds of so much that
I feel dumbstruck padded down into a palette of grass blades and moon rays
Making angel arms and wrapping up in the blankets of the thought
Of a luminous girl in the lunar refractions bending me over all this
Soaking in that for what it was, wonderful

Rebel ringtones and I have found a home
Coming in the greatest sum of gratitude
For a woman that is able, but is not walking away
In the difference between self-confidence and arrogance

A park bench like a spring board,
Like a trapeze leaping point past questions of you
Asking me if I still felt you were guarded;
Wanting me to hold you and in the s curve of my neck and
My shoulder you found a swan’s nesting place

In that passage of allowance I felt your breathing change
To hear my heartbeat like a back beat to the speeds of finding that elusive median
And your kiss was like feathers breaking me in two
With their softness and the power of a lightning-thief blazing
Shocking me into one peace

Aligned with you in a quake of a burden lifted and a grace descending
And any question I had was in this fire melting;
Feeling more alive in the best day of the year 
Anxious and patient that this is my quotient, denominator of one
To find divisibility without subtraction when adding the numerator of a greater fraction
In the sum of what I have ever hoped
Knowing you did not want to go, that you were not pulling away
I felt the kitten in your compressions of my hands holding you firmly
Feathering a breeze in digits on your skin, kissing you in tenderness like
A flying carpet moving miles of rolled up years in seconds of elevated freedoms allowed
Expounding onto your hand in the cup of my abdomen like a holster for your touch 

Hours slipping into time without meaning of wanting to stay in this until dawn
Knowing your movements had finally settled side saddle to my song. 
I stood up and danced with you in the moonlight, a stance in that lunar-spotlight,
Kissing you sweetly without means of knowing anything else in this world

No comments:

Post a Comment