Thursday, June 28, 2012

See Saw number One

See Saw number One

Reaching in to me and out to you
These phrases that I exhume to exert
On a sail and mail with a verse indiscrete
Holding back stories of building rationale

Of why I am here and pale wandering between timid and knighthood
Praying for your chorus to return in resolute voice
And I give you a lead like a trail
That you follow and request me to continue

Onward into expanded these paraphrases
Into directions through the hedge maze of me
To at least a step further without shame or burden
As a labor but as an ordered item like a drink upon a journey

And yet I wait after throwing this bottle in the ocean
And I ponder thunderstorm or disinterest
Brushing a shoulder with the flittering tickle of wind
Fluttering my syllables to the ground with a head turn

And I sit twelve days in between my words and your number
Flying in on a whim and yet I return in a blink of honest candor
I am rebuffed for you to requite me in an hour
The silence proliferates like jellyfish tentacles

I am exhausted from ignorance of why these Olympics take place in my city
Year after year, why can’t some one else play
My will is too earnest and my tone too weak
To accept the see saw nature to my overture and
Your waxing and waning tides in response

The sadness envelops my want to see your face in static image
Staring there in historic context and listed statistics
Knowing what little you wrote of you, there is possibility there
To fit in with the honest pursuits of my endeavors

But the bluntness of your wavering procrastinating correspondence contradicts
My benevolent assumptions of splendor

No comments:

Post a Comment