Monday, June 25, 2012

Equine Fences


Equine Fences

How am I supposed to hold this in?
Like penning up a thousand horsed phrases
Breaking at the bands of the ranch hands
Fenced in ramble out onto these plains

To see the place where judgment ends
Breathing and being in a wilderness of other men
You could have chosen, but have saddled me
To ride out across these creeks and seek

The mountains break on the edge of the timber line
Take me up and hold me to the other side
Of this valley opening and crevice
To give to you all of this

Straddled down and run like a rolling rock
A raging ravine of hoofs and start
To put the answers down in blades
Of green walked upon and changed

That we were here with me
Running for the belly of the bowl
Riding free in turn a choice I’ve learned
Is no longer begged but led within the reins

Of gallops lost amongst the wave of here
To draw the line of equine fences
Busted through to reach the deepest part
Listening and wanting when all I thought

Was hunting my broken meat
Waiting for the arrow to breach
The barriers I put up

No comments:

Post a Comment