Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday

Thursday

Wanting to reach out to say these words and carry through
With this unsettled rumble in my will
To have you change your actions into form of movement
To correlate with the pittance of acknowledgement I have received

Amongst the silence shrouding the fractured beliefs
That the ghosts even exist in this hallway for me to have missed
You for something, to have wanted that which may have been coming
In the spring time, of those lines converging

Into a conversation in a driveway writing down the pebbles from your pocket
You could share with me in all of their shine and grime
And hopeful times that this could move beyond a phone call
And fall into a puddle of Thursday night resting

And waking for you to revert the naming of me as blank
In the pages of all the pointless stages
Of getting to where you will be at thirty
Without acknowledging me there with these phrases

Pronounced and shed out and make shift on the pavement
Not knowing the snowing is coming and these shoes are useless
To move through the fluff and tall might as well stay here and stall
Never learning proper names or elementary information

Fill out some other form to turn in to an administrator
Of recollection and failing to bind these words to mention
That you and I shared this time never creating the sandwich
Of these remnants scattered in the ice box
Of these stories kept under combination lock

And I know I need to wait and have so quickly abandoned
The smidge of hope you rekindled in the middle of my
Trying to forget another rejection pilled on with the rest
So now you ask me to in part a piece of all this to start

See saw of a girl cleaning out my cubby hole
With the socks of my desperation falling on the floor
For you to see the holes, to see where I never go
Parched for a kindness to prove me wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment