Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Leap of Faith


Leap of Faith

Falling over my own feet
Confidence in wires six inches off the ground
Laid in parallel lanes perpendicular to my path
Finding the will to leap in one collective bypass

Over tendrils of incapacitating doubt
Snaking in and leeching to my sinew
Routes of nothing draining
Knowing the end is phasing

Out of this unknown to find a certainty
In my bones, her like a compass
Her words like the map, that her faith in me
Can snap the trap to damn this loneliness

On a spring, take this water
Fall into a reservoir of everything
That was always there to jump

I see happiness coming for me
In the boughs of your arms
Walking towards me, yet
I must hurdle these linings

To embrace the combining
Of all that I profess to want
And fear to believe is possible
In the tipping of these obstacles

With so many past falls and the
Taste of grit, dirt and oiled spit
I wish the mask to laugh
And turn all of these into Saturdays

And Thursday nights, the time for you
The time of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment