Thursday, June 28, 2012

Orphan

Orphan

If I write these words then it means you do not exist
But in a figment of a photograph smiling at me
In the waves of a an orphan woman wandering in
My imagination hitchhiking hands in pockets

Staring at a desert horizon of cactus and orange haze
Drinking down another day over a hill
A silhouette in flowing locks taking steps over the parts
Of speech I wish we had, tucked under the saddle inside a bag
Of tools for a road I can not follow you upon

A vagabond of rose petal smells and match-struck boots
Burning a fragrance wandering my sheets inside olfactory memories
Concocted from want and knowing it’s the same stale smell
Of my follicles tumble-weeding on night after day to say

I wish my words sounded differently, a tangerine dream
Scripted on the hieroglyphics of a past that never was
Just a picture of you resting there and pause
Dream a song and a morning to your words the stroll like a croissant
Upon my counter, breakfast on the dollar I can get no one to accept

For thoughts that left my soul so long ago wafting
Trampled under time like the bed sheets of a life unfolded
Just for one side tucked in a space in half and knowing the path
Of smoke rings over hills puffing up in signals never seen
That she is walking on, silhouetted by the sea between
Orphan to a lover she will never meet

No comments:

Post a Comment