Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stroke Victim


Stroke Victim

Sinking here, speaking here
Thinking there and knowing where
Life it meets the lies discreet
Charges fair and liar’s chairs

Truths be told and beds gone cold
Overturned and fears unlearned
Bones broken on accident and healed with intention
To be a better man, stronger in the crux

To hold a greater love
Sleep without regret that the battle had bled
The sheets are changed and the stroke has come
A mind relearns his toddler steps

From one to two, to four and back to three
Can not get ahead with out each piece
That there was where I took the steps
To sing this song of all my mistakes

To get to you in a lover’s stare
Tip this funny hat and bend repairs
In my machinery in the glade of this
Season’s fervent scenery

I will say and I will stay
I will grow and I will let go
Of all those links that would not let me sleep
Until the pillow of your angel wings
Became my everything

No comments:

Post a Comment