Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cliff Diver


Cliff Diver

Wanting to run right off this cliff
And dive in the foam, the rocks and loam
Wrap me up so I will not be alone
This plateau, I have got to let go

Seeing the sun so close falling in the warmth
Of all these jackets to take off
Of all these answers that do not talk
Want to fold this soil over and bury in

Do not want to ever leave
Just grant me this peace
In the arms of these leaves
Rustling and bare

The seeds of tomorrow can grow from this sorrow
I will grant a wish for every part of this
That exhumes the moon for every night
I get to stay here past this cancer’s fight

To take me under and run asunder
My will to be in your life, in your grip
Please take these chains and loosen them
Grant me peace in their release

To burrow in your thoughts and
Find a pause under all these grounds
Of explanation like languages of a foreign nation
You may not understand until I am gone

But this is my cup and you can not drink along
With me at this table, it is mine to dine
And you to laugh at all this time
That has yet to pass

No comments:

Post a Comment