Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pandora Paramour


Pandora Paramour

And so this settles in and the swell begins to begin
The words the sway the way the blanket of hope begins to play
Games with my own adrenalin parceling out my ability to
Un-focus and sleep and pare-down these thoughts to speak
In silence rather than a clamor averting my dreams

Of all the possibilities in chorus of summer
Coming like a comet on the night sky
In a tail of streaks that we would meet
Like Audrey Hepburn on a spring night

Flipping a coin and it all seems right
Falling on the head of tales told
And I feel sixteen years old
Fading into and out of the beauty of hope

Because doubt can burst into a comet tail of ice
Hook off and launch out of here for life
Smile on in April and all the songs of a staple
Of me sung like a troubadour on a street

One guitar and one voice and one place
To bare a soul on two feet and one face
Smiling to a doorway with one eyebrow raised
And she clutches the inside of her cheek

With one hand and can’t speak
That there was a moment of a bird breaking her cage
Flying on up with her wings to the stage
Of my voice and the softness of her feathers

Fluttering off into glide of her heathers
In brown locks of gold beginning to unfold
In the song of my hands, held like a bud with a root
And two feet to land

On a park bench nearing midnight
Wanting to speak without words
Falling down in the light of green eyes in bloom
The silence waxes the reflection of a girl mirrored on the moon

Tight to the sky and living outside
Of everything I could reach until tonight
As if I pulled the world up on a string
And brought my lips to her
 
There is this quiet space to confer
Blocking out the sounds and the people
Of the continents of commitment that
Bark at the moon, that call for some time

To place erasers on the penciled lines
Of what was going or supposed to be
Yet in this night sky zenith I feel more of me
Breathing in now than in years

Lay it down to bed the want of
Not ever knowing the feeling of breaking here
In sky like an egg yolk raining on the world of my face
Not concerned with the other speeds of this race

Wanting to sit down on the porch step of that moment
And sing there in time that this is for the you and the I
The placing of peace on the script of two lives
Thanking her for if nothing else one of the best
Nights of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment