Saturday, June 23, 2012

Separated in Silence


Separated in Silence

Dysfunction on the day to say
Not one word to any living being
Just to the voice mail inside her plastic
Phone machine 

Dragging in the night before
Trying to sleep after morning’s break
Why won’t the bad dreams go away?
Hope keeps laughing at me

Bare my trust into a peace
That I have crossed the line to keep
An extended hand and a bloody cheek
Turned to ask if she

Will quench the fire in her breath
Slay this dragon she has hired as her pet
As her face for all these days
To prove a point that is like a maze

Of answers under floods of grass
Covering a yard and the seed
Can not see the sun under blades
Cut and shut out, doesn’t make sense, but I can’t get in

To a sound, just a sentence that isn’t beating me down
Where I am not convicted of crimes I have never been told
The lines she claims that I crossed, just a rationalization lost
Incapable of presenting any point just on her own

All of it for her parents or some other town she calls home
With a people and tastes for passages into an escape
From ever conversing, explaining or landing
On an island with a culpability like a lion in winter
Waiting for her December

She keeps suspending the seasons and silence in all of her reasons
Explains the door mat process like a make-shift cross
She created for her to carry from a tragedy fraught with disparity
Between what I ever did and what she claims stains

Of years and frustration over a pretend-love and
A porch that couldn’t patch the passion on her end
And so we swing in a dumped hammock of nothing
Separated in silence

No comments:

Post a Comment