Saturday, June 23, 2012

Log Cabin Lights

Log Cabin Lights

Surprise me and rise me
Take the time to unwind me
With a love like a voice
And I can’t help but rejoice

In the prints on the snow
Tracking back out of this cold
End this freezing with four prints
In season

Wrapped up in this cabin
Let’s see what will happen
With warm blankets of time
I can’t get the smell of you out of my mind

Wafts like locks on the door of why not
Stay here for a while
Inside the Lincoln log life
Black out the frost of those nights

The hawks in the trees
The wolves in the den
All my mistakes and what-may-have-beens
Lined up outside to lead me to you

Tore me apart to break up the time
To set me to hunt for this season of life
Not waiting on the turn of the Earth
But on the step of my feet

To put out the question
So that I could hear you speak
And the fire in the hearth is melting the dew
Of all the mistakes that have led me to you

No comments:

Post a Comment