Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday is a Mile away


Saturday is a Mile away

So Saturday is a mile away
Plans like a road map of your face to wait for
And directed to and the speed limit says not to drive that fast
Unless I want to end up in mangled metal

Of responsibilities mixed and missed
Into grabbing hold of that one hand and go
And why not create the sounds of that day
That will still be there strumming

And add this one to the humming of that night
The sounds of something greater in pounds of patience
Lifted off my back and concentration reforming in tact
To this space to not drive me in floods

Riding on roof tops and hubs of air traffic landing
In the skies of my mind with the helicopters swirling
And the jet planes rocketing off to San Francisco
And all these towers and lights telling me that it is no yet that night

But could be if I just ask knowing there is an answer and a plan
And a time that I don’t wan to let go of knowing that this whirlwind
Is showing me the time for a landing on this runway in twilight
This pathway to star lights and I know, I know

Maybe it doesn’t matter, and maybe it is better
Holding out there under this blanket of knowing what will come
If I just stand here and strum this words out like satiated muses
To hear them like perspective excuses

To be an adult to make rational choices
But sometimes life is taking the ticket and running with horses
Out of pastures of sure things into a mustang wonderland of everything
On the fringe of what if and what may creating for yourself in the palms of that day

As it holds you and you pick it up in a rush of all those things you never thought of
In the grip of that time that this is your life and these are your lines
To write your own history, beating hooves and layers of these mysteries
Unraveled in a battle of tomorrow and today to create more in between

And I know you feel this too, this beating underneath your skin
Like a pulling that will not subside, this need to connect with me
In a way that telephones can not satiate, this rapture this falling
This almighty calling in a tidal wave under the sheets of these days

Wrapped up and pent in words that can not be sent
With the passing of skin, roses of dens filled to the brim
Ready to burst and Saturday is a mile away

No comments:

Post a Comment