Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Foreign Nation



Foreign Nation

Drive me god damn crazy
Trying to not think of you
Dancing there on bus stop walls
Green street signs, migrating

Shinning on a strum and all the hum
Of morning awaking at five a.m.
Can not get back to sleep
You have made me narcoleptic

Stranded on the luminous girl
Shinning through my back-seat window 
On the canvas of the moon
Sliding over my mobile-bed like a spot-light

That you exist and are not sleeping
Next to me in parity of these jacket sheets
Folding like an origami swan
To carry you up and on

The wings of these things
I dare not say and watch you fly away
Falling in love like a run away mustang
Fences gone and on the range

Of advancement and bolting
To find you in the folding
Of that moon into my bus-room
Somehow knowing this is where you are supposed to be

My love like Central American currency
Wanting to renew my passport
And exit this nation to process an exchange rate
And live in your country

Value me outside these slums and I am done
I am done wandering in these vagabond streets
Maps of carrier routes in your American dream
Walking away from this bus stop

Guatemala will not forget, Mexico can not accept
Standing up with a feeling to protect
This feeling you have birthed in me
To move towards you and empty my pockets of everything

No comments:

Post a Comment