Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pole Vaulting

Pole Vaulting

Trip lips on stilts falling down this avenue of spills
Elongated words that conjure up the will
To explain my refrains with as much contact as I am allowed
From this distance

So I will spit them out like a pole vaulter’s tool
To reach across this space of silence
And launch with indiscriminate optimism
That there will be a landing pad

Somewhere in your approximate vicinity
Fluffed up and rolled out while I am mid flight
As if the recognition of my potential
Could become solvent at the last minute

In the reaches of your desire
Moments from impact reconsideration
Not for my safety, but for your walls breached
An in this vulnerability you find your release

Not like the trip wire of an intruder prompting startling fear
But like a bird awaking from slumber
Thirsting for the morning’s dew to drink and satiate
That which had strewn spider webs across your nest

To spread her wings and recall a lost capability of soaring
Knowing the lengths of faith I have in you
You open up to me and in that I have a place to land

No comments:

Post a Comment