Sunday, June 24, 2012

Moon in the Branches


Moon in the Branches
Realigned and regaled take these thorns out of my tales
Retold and re-hung remove the stains of what has been done
To my taint and to my days I am finally moving from this stage
Up the path and in the thicket these are moments

Where I will recall that I lived it
With full voice and full peace, that I gave every part of me
Out in a dash across this path to grow to her
To say this is my life and carry the moon

Around every turn I have made and will make this fade
Back into gravel and sand these bastard pebbles in my hand
Round them and pound them into rounded spheres
That the jagged bags are no longer here

Take my hand, take my being
Find this glade and lay down my everything
Into these verdant blades and soften as they cut
The past off the extremities of every breath to become

A man as plain as this redwood, with free lungs sailing
On the air of your birds landing in my branches
Resting and nesting there and why like a dotted I
In my air to stare at blue eyes and cloudless skies

A sun and done this moon and soon
You will see the piece of memories fading in payment
Of modern impairments falling off into dust shackles
Power in the lunar crackles of pale light

Green eyes and night skies
Calling down the mounds of stretched out accoutrements
I have collected to shed them here in the tendrils of your tears
Reaching and wrapping me in the belly of this tree
A canvas of white skin and I am held in to see

You rooting here in this peer of a human
Silent and sweet, Speaking in movements of pleas
For me to be in your life, despite
All you know this is the envelope

You wish to mail off and sign off and seal
With a kiss that this is the last form to fill out
The last order to make that yesterday was the last day
You will ever dream in gray of falling asleep alone

And pray, of where is the moon light calling back
Where is the man, whispering flat, that
There is a green eyed girl in a pale light
Dreaming out loud

No comments:

Post a Comment