Tuesday, June 19, 2012

How Do I know?

How Do I know?

You make sense to me in a way that no one ever has
Flying in the face of a normal measure of time and interaction
To validate certainties that sometimes guttural feelings can
Supersede tempered doubt

For nothing logically discovered in our initial inquiries
Has prompted me pause to divert from this conclusion
Where most everything has tipped my toe just that tad bit
Heavier on the pedal to rev the throttle that ecstatic bit faster

Like an adrenaline pump it up push right into the skin
Bumping higher in all the moments when it comes down to
The everyday choice for which direction to step
Forward or back

This path is clear enough on the horizon to see far enough in this haze
That I do not know the ending point but I do know the days
Walking here are not wasted, that the purpose of now
Is a purpose in how life can achieve a surprise like a lottery’s fall

When all of these other distractions drift sometimes the doctor finally calls
And the waiting room is filled with the soon-forgotten faces
And you can enter that room where aid comes in some form rearranged
That you never expected but somewhere the threaded

Needle of stitching fabrics of living, as a man who can stand
In full and face these winds without hesitation, jacket battered
Clothing tattered and yet full on, come on this is what must be done
A man who will not end until the war has been won

To retain confidence in self and entrusted health to be this way
No matter if I never meet that voice that can unchain the locks
That I see on the future days in slavery to the choices I made
And dare say made for me by the lies of others I can not undo

You make sense to me in a way that no one ever has
Flying in the face of a normal measure of time and interaction
To validate such certainties sometimes guttural feelings can
Supersede that of tempered doubt and in time be apparent to all

No comments:

Post a Comment