Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Shark Tank


Shark Tank

I do not want to wait until Saturday
Thursday a week ago is dangling me
Over a shark tank of all the barbs
To snag my skin along

Constrictions in the movements of mouths
That do not know how to remain closed for now
How can I exchange the idea of who I hope you will be
To who you are inside that beat

Thumping inside your chest with all those measured breaths
Coming through the door of years, lived and
So close and far from here that
Reaching out is like tipping over the house of fortune teller cards

Reading all the faces dumped into a go fish pool
Of all the mistakes that keep swimming along
Right next to me in this tank of empty
Sea of everything right next to me

But I can not touch because it is all a liquid brush
Of the fish feeling the impression of the impact
Upon her track before my fingers can paint the detail
Upon her scales to weigh the measure of a man

That is dripping and sinking and always
Keeps thinking that
I do not want to wait until Saturday
Thursday a week ago is dangling me

I have fallen in drenched and searching for a beach
Of sand inside your outstretched hands
To hold a hope in me, grains upon the mystery
That there is where the tides compare

Moving up and moving out and wash away the doubt
Of all these lunar complications, illuminating the girl
Upon the man, water-logged upon the land
Answers drifting in like sea turtles

Coming back to hatch, a generation in the snatch
Of hungry birds waiting for their turn
To tear this all apart, right upon the start
Shell in shell and we will tell

The moon to find the route to return
Together and live this life

No comments:

Post a Comment