Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Long Way Around



The Long Way Around

Got to take a break from this constant self flagellation effigy of a self mistake
Cut the rope and give me a moment to breath, take this goat penis out
And lubricate for a virgin doubt that there could be hope after all?
Losing the mind under a tractor tire of these rural land locks

Over hills and over due bills to get down on my knees and blow the winds
Of change in a pharaoh’s painted door bane of a wrath first born son disease
Get these thorns out the paw and still pissed off in the morn
Correcting for an overcorrection, just a deficit in an idiot’s attention

Span this stance with an English man’s professional polished stance
I am not one for poses or the one to even the chance to get passed introductions
Murder me now before the convicts untie these sails and frolic in an America
Prevailed as a land of love where there is ten percent of ten percent decimation of a chance

That anything I say will ever make it the long way to France
New York to San Francisco, Guam to Mogadishu, Red Sea is crossed
Or around the cape’s horn, up through Freetown and into the morn
A channel or a Mediterranean landing, Normandy or Nice

Which shore will I land tonight?  Drifting and rowing, wind and I am going
Not sure if this will ever work out, but at least the blank water it blackens the doubt
On this and maybe I will die out here, maybe I will make it, rations are questionable
And this hunger strike I can fake it, rouge these cheeks and whiten these teeth

As if nothing ever happened in all these galloping scavengers harping on what
I can not control, shoot them all down because St. Peter said there was a home
Worth coming home to, if not drink the water all around and find out
That ever face could wash off despite this heart up on the spit

Just ignore the blood dried cake and the soul wrapped like bacon around, I give it so cheaply, I give up just take it anyone and that is all I can brace this for I am gone
Shaken down and withdrawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment