Sunday, June 10, 2012

Poison in the Snow


Poison in the Snow

For a second there I let you slip in, the infection of hoping
Like an addict for an interminable frailty
This being human in a universe of robotic programmed responses
Rejected through digital clicking assumptions

Flogging the back of memories I wish I could crack
In egg yolks over this basket of failed hopes, bake up a confection
To spread the sickness to the masses and leave me here alone
Android pattered and mathematically tragic

To alienate this will to keep rowing this canoe of emoting
Out for a wish, a balanced beam on the air crisp
Like baked bread a friendly offering across a table of crossing
The line between ignorance and bliss, a battleground of recompense

To amend for fettered air of uttered words and whisper stares
At a blank ceiling to a dry-erase God for hope back like a bar of soap
To clean smog in comic-bubble dialogues of despair
Wash the stark nature of these requests for repair

Estranged and lifting please take off this blindness with your spit
Expectorate my need to contemplate, expiate my unseen sins
And let me begin anew, like an embryo based on two
Divergent paths one child to raise, the other slain before the grasp

Burdens and blessings and love like a plain crashing
Off in the city side of where I can not go two worlds and
I chose the poison under the melting snow
Wine of taste and all to waste, hemlock in the time clock

Expired and a murder on a wire watching and descent
Crows pecking the vision of a man who never meant
To hurt a soul and yet is a killer of lies not deserved

I have to earn a pass to raise the mast to ever have a chance
To know this life it has and has not passed
Looking at this monster, vaccinate this human
Make whole in this metallic role, un-feel and make cold

You heckling bastard hope

No comments:

Post a Comment