Sunday, June 10, 2012

Album Atrocities


Album Atrocities

When I look at wedding pictures it makes me nauseous
How masculine is that reaction like some sort of commitment-phobic man
With a virus of the anti joy of every little Cinderella girl for this mogwai boy
Mutated into a gremlin  

Strangling every hope of marital joy with a switch knife
Stuck plug in the gut, squeal pig as she slips off the porch
Silence expands like the first bullets in a bloody war
Am I dead no, alive is worse, no sense of pretending so

Extract this body’s core, I was a poet once
Use to write of love and adore like an emotional juggernaut of discourse
Of all the ways she and I ought to be together in a romantic exchange
Despite the hurricanes and building booms I didn’t see the tremors
Shaking from outside the living room

Lies like a battle cry, all the memories are tainted and I can’t get out of
Living this life wasted on a bad taste, of feeding tube excrement truth paste
Suck it up and believe what you will, life isn’t moving and I am through
I can’t find the inner for the outer or the outer for the sinner for the doubter

Dance at a wedding and raise a glass, if it ever happened again
I think I would ask to get eloped just a her hard to imagine on a tangential ski slope
Of some remote location where I don’t have to cope with the boomerang emotions
Of all the same faces in a divergent diagram I am so afraid

And not knowing you I don’t know if I can make the belief that you would believe in me
No one has ever fought to forgive my mistakes to cross this line and have a love break
Upon my will to love me that much and all of this is mistaken in the arms of a crutch
Of what was, water needing to be bailed, a check needing to be voided and a ship that should sail

Of into a nation of rocks and conundrum thoughts that have to be stopped
Not attempted to be solved just bomb the damn crowd, explode the mainframe
Stop the complaining, end the infection, chemotherapy for the fear of commitment nation
Of one standing here knowing I am infected, melodically dense that there is no recompense

For my disaster just suicide me in the night with a blanket answer smothering this face
Fire is burning and no one is attending just a circus side show tarp flung over the head
Of a man that should be flung over the edge of reason into a spring canyon of seasons
To get back on the saddle and peruse over the cattle, but no

There is no answer and easier to give up, to wrap the rope and lynch this love

No comments:

Post a Comment