Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Surrogate


Surrogate

I feel like I am parenting
In this financial eschew
Of all these responsibilities flung onto me
To provide all these meals and these times

This roof and these lines that even when you are
Not here I am still nourishing you through Tupperware
Gumbos soaking away from the I do not knows
Washing in the bowls of where does this go

In the pantheon of drowning on of all these times
Misguided of all these sentiments that do not sit well with you
To claim to treat you unfairly in the juxtaposition
Of the clarity to at least set to plate the meal you are not paying for

Address these concerns as ornaments on a tree
You will stare upon for how many seasons beyond
The advent of these weeks approaching permanence
I am in debt to address aloud, so quickly and so I sift

These energies to allow time to not turn them as seeds
To planting my enemy right in the arms of my midst
Like a progeny that spits back in the face that creates
This self hate of all the conflicting ironies

Swarming in how she states she keeps giving
And not getting in return, this emotion burned
Like a gender fuel tank emptied and fed upon
To answer to the sound track of too long

Stories that keep wrapping the arms of this reach
Like roots in the participle parts of speech
Adjunct adjective serving in the meal time
Temporary nutrients of produced expectations

On the fringe to know the when for this education drifting on the wind
Career plans like body bags of former selves rolled up into the ringing of the bells
On new mornings in Parisian palisades an abjuration to all the bricks that made
All those stale cities crumbling the footsteps I am stumbling

To reach the part where ever you will carry me
Financial security and the jealousy confounds me and I try to shed it like
A virus in the blood veins pumping in the estrange to leave me alone in the end pains
Like an arrogant supplicant contradicting for the months that bend

Stubbornness in the both of us and reside these tides to shower the storm
Of the financial crush of affording the stress of making this all proliferate
Into a present where you will stay home and nurture and nest and still resent me
For what I have not still given you in the scents of what this is not

And I confound me and reprise me in the role of the solitary mind-field
Of blowing up my toes, stepping on the same steps, biting the same bricks
Exhausted from entertaining and blaming me for this idolatry of worshiping me
As the solution of civil war hybrid mutants scavenging for solutions

In the garbage cans of sword sliced war limbs
Given up like sacrifices for dream letters painted on the wind
For the sanctity of hoping that there is a world worth saving
Sung carefully on the fringe of extinction always worrying and

Climbing in the casket and the time churning in
To Dodo birds and dinosaurs and blue footed booby traps
And swears on pillows jars to pull off the lid and have them all back
Like promises un-cast the metal un-forged and battle plans un-mapped

You scare me in my hollows that the temperament will alter
That maybe I do not want this either and I may and I may not
And this time you burden on my mule is a weight more than water
Or some necessary carry on for this journey, it is in every way optional

Yet it is here with us binding in sack out here in this desert crossing
To everywhere but Bethlehem at the contemplation
Premature and a Bauer clock ticking: savior or terrorist to the dreams of the realist
Of that sour face crashing me because I did not use the correct phrasing

So exhausted in effort to maintain this stasis and I see your Atlas arms shaking
When I feel like I am the one carrying this planet’s revolution
To pay for its merry go round, not fully knowing the reach of your contributions to these
Expedition supplies in our post 2008 economy apocalypse,
 I need more time to satiate this religion

In the world’s poison pill to swallow by accident in the hollow of ehh
And such conviction without communication that conveys the dedication
Of guiding us out of this maze, if it is so prominent to you then light up that head with
Spelunkers gear and turn this nadir into the solar zenith of clear

Yet you bust the bulb and claim I should have packed a back up
To insert in contingency, but no matter the type the shape is always unendingly off
I am corrupted by my nature of self in your vision that I can not partition
Out a place for us to exist beyond your critic’s jargon spouting

Restrictions like waterspouts in this desert spurring up in sand cyclones
Grit in the teeth that nets in and we can not help but spit out
An untaken photograph, a missing gift, an unelaborated gratitude
I break in all the continual mistakes that you emphasize

In the subtext of who I am, that you don’t want me to be
A measure in the segregation of the flavor of love you want coming
I tried.  I was.  It was never enough, my words were like dandelion petals wishing
Floating above your receptors, your certainties

My love for you has floated pass, drifting on that wind
I can not compete with this oblivion of compromise you must make in yourself
To accept my world as a one you are compelled, to thrive in, to bed in
To make a family a home, it is like a parched horse refusing this oasis for a catacomb

To wander to search for another life away, and I have to let you go
To find the path that will make you want to stay
I am scratchy, I am gruff, I have made my mistakes
I am sullied, I am torn, I am a man that takes

I love you, but I don’t want this
I don’t want to have to convince you to drink or to give
Us the trust to believe in each other
It should be more natural in the arms of a lover

I am broken, crumpled, and soar,
but these signs were like the solstice coming and I knew there was more
Aftershocks shaking and lines in the making of what may never be
For the emotional sacrifice justified so much overt appreciation

A continual expression that in like a flood was never quite enough
And you can eschew financial contributions like dust, but they are not dust
In a world of middle-class eunuchs self-tied to try to afford retirement
You blame me for a lack of planning, with no plans for yourself
You want dinners out and assume me to pay, no addendum in speech

Just demands in the breach of what I thought we had
Requests for assistance and grabbed
A stocking, ornaments, Herbsaint, pooch steps and sweaters
All of it glass shatters in the remembrance of letters   

You want me to spell out for you over and over again
And I can’t, I have to let go I can not try to mend
These feeling I have for you fluttering away
In flowering seeds in a flood that
I have so many times already asked you to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment