Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Me Tablet

Me Tablet

Self-absorption like a tablet soaked with words in tiny print expanding
Swelling in a loud mouth circumference as the circle expands
In these domestic waters of red tides the message clearer in time
Washing in a hired burial crew to this shoreline to shovel off to silence

Constantly monitoring, on high alert, thinking the answers
Are everywhere else, but entwined in this energy I assume I exert
Pretending and living a line about why
I deserve to bury skeletons

With the help of a crew, tattling on about yesterday
Building this casket beach, seeing the blisters on her hands breach
The surface of our conversations in apparent snippets of dissatisfaction
Assumption of a genesis beyond my nexus of control

Blame her pain on my pain, a common enemy like a reprieve
From seeing the mirror in my name of not connecting with all she has been fretting
Like an absent voter thinking his proposition passed as if there was no need to campaign
I thought success was aligned, just a hard truth in between the lines

Of a pain and a pain, a pain and a joy, imbalanced and repeat the same
Mistake like a common complaint, spending so much time in the confluence
Of my own thoughts I think, I think, I must be truly lost
Out in this superego wilderness, defense mechanisms to protect all of this

Conjecture that what I want to give, is actually given or appreciated in the limits
Control like a handicap of letting go of that doubt linked-up like an ankle bracelet
Tethering to me what I can not face, I do not really know how to be there for someone else
When I can barely take care of myself, I need to deplete this grief at my feet

Like dusts passing in the gusts of the air moving as front doors welcome visitors
Open and swing that portal, until the arms ache and the smiles break without novelty
My heart ill with want for her and on the hunt, failing to see the injuries inflicted
In the birdshot, tattered wings and this is not joyous

Apologies too late to see the oblivion in me, unconscious of this lack of progress
Sorry for prolonging the inevitable with my seed forgettable
Assuming the blooming underneath was consuming a greater part of her heart
Did not mean the pain with these continued refrains to request her returning

To a grave yard of tasks sickening her will to see the smile of an autumn breeze
With the reprieve of unrestricted movements in the seasons
I am sorry I was not what I thought I was to you and was what I was
I pray for your happiness moving forward and the pixie dust to shed

From my myopic sense of self compliments, these flaws like laws
Propositioning my own immunity, my gratitude for arresting me
Maybe now I can do my own work and you can breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment