Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hot Potato Dial Down

Hot Potato Dial Down

Let it all go obliterate, hands down and satiate
This need to be right, this swell to be stubborn
This energy committed to self-analysis like an oven
The temperature is too high; the pressure is bursting the sides

Of properly cooking any baked orange potato without bursting
Nothing as sweet as learning, this output tastes hard and disgusting
Needing so much more time at a divergent temperature
Dialed-down in order to be ready for serving

Put the produce back in and adjust these dials
Bend the bastard before he conforms to the form of
Self-righteous condemnation of the other vegetables
For not showing up on time

Have to let so much more go in order to know the beauty of a margin for error
Have to be willing to give what I want to come back in
Such a rigid handle, bare-hand the pan and rack, leaving marks
These recycling blisters grown callus and stark honesty in the handling

What is the need for asking for assistance when one hand does all the grabbing?
Have to let go in order to know the peace of being able to simply speak
To grab things just out of reach, knowing you would do the same
Thinking the assumption of kindness like a book on the minds of

Who ever may come, who ever may know that I am one of the good guys
And all I have to do is show up and say here are the limits of my life,
Would you like to pray, with me and hold and take me on adventures
Who wants dependency like a currency to rationalize staying together?

I must stand alone.  I must let go, control to God and what will be, will
And what will not, may rise and soften and cushion and buffer the rectangular
Cell walls of this carbohydrate tent, ready to consume whenever
The beauty of a complement, the ease of this steam in the release

This is my life without oven mitts, this is my peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment