Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Baker on the High Seas

Baker on the High Seas

Blanket and blind to the stitching of this time
Wrapping like a lesson to all this confession
Tattling on until new years bloom waiting for fireworks
At the sight of the moon

Have to let go of thinking and linking
Contemplation with the frustration of the manifestation
Of a situation in which all this computes
And sometimes it doesn’t budge or move

Or slide or consume one inch of the miles between
Now and then between here and when
All these fantasies of what you want amounts to the plenty
I hope it might in her eyes waking as bright

To the smile and the crawls of yards in the shards
Of the glass ceilings shattered and all the words pouring out
That matter like I love you’s and bushels of trust
Like a harvest of must have been worth its

To traverse this path the only way to get there is to raise the mast
Put down the oars , shut off the engine, let the wheel rest to its own direction
Aimless, God like a fist to be my captain to blow in these sails and project them
To a path and a laugh in a girl fluttering plover, landing on a shoreline

That this travel may be over, meet in a sand and all that stands
Between these waters and that beach is the freedom to know I can not keep
Clinging to the notion that I am aware of what these words and maps
Are speaking to get me to there

I am a thief of authority to this voyage and mooring
I have been my anchor and the nature of wanting someone else to enter this song
And just sing along is a fallacy of arrogance breaking the tide of the ingredients
Necessary to bake the bread to share on that plate

The sun and the yeast and the water the air, the mix to the spit
Of that island’s arm reaching to where, I can walk out to this landing
And share in the standing of dry land found

Letting go and I will find it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment