Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Goldfish Politics


Goldfish Politics

Tip the chalice and the crimson brew
Starts to spew over the tapestries
Elegant and heaven sent
Logic seems to clunk like bricks on what I should do

Knowing drinking is not the proper thinking
To take this in and begin to send the wrong message
To my future as if the swamp is rising and the cannon
Is balling through my window into a calling

Of who I was and who I am, is the man
Who tries to bottle up explosives just because
He can not trap the dove in the cage
Find a medium for rage

For what was and will be
I hope the nectar of revenge is never that sweet
To tempt me into that sugar rush of jealousy
To paint the other man as a better lawn

I think I think I rather be on the brink of me
No certain but discrete, line not crossed
Nervous about the spots, but the carpet was never clean
To begin with and all the remnants can be seen with the x-ray cereal box specs

Secret decoder rings and songs the debutants never sing
Just a violin under my chin under a streetlight bantering gibberish
For why the goldfish can not go in with the other fish
Something in the expulsion from the school, just born that way didn’t ever break the rules

Consciously, just constructed by God to be in the isolation cell 
Because there feces are killing us

No comments:

Post a Comment