Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Anchors of Egotism


The Anchors of Egotism

Narcissistic penchants scribing stories of my toes
Wrinkles in between the roads
Of my paths and stop signs
Giving lines out like a coach calling a depleted time out

Penalty is coming for running around in circles
As if the gaze of all this upward maze
Was appropriate for the circumstance
To take these hands to understand

Tribal council try and count me
In that number that remains as if I could utter the right phrase
That was not about my own days and listen
To all the others buzzing and all the hive in loving

All the problems within the comb and propose
A road to solve them, so concerned with just with what I could learn
The egotism is like prison to become just a man
At the taxi-stand with a thumb out for eternity

Sisyphus in all of us, repeating the mistake of trust
To hold it in like a paradigm for an isolated life
Mardi Gras parade and trinket faith hurled in gross
In dozens for most someone will propose

An exit strategy to this conundrum in the path way
The hedges high and that taxi ride is coming
Before sunset if I could find the color to bleed out some hoping
This one was not supposed to be about me

Yet I can not find the words to get free
Of my own means and life
Knowing about the world despite
All the thousand keys to one set of hand cuffs

And I somehow choose to pick none of them up
So blind, so blind and so I will, give a damn two weeks
From next Thursday when autumn starts to grow
On me like a fungus of the winter to come

Such a waste of time to cry, such a battle between the you and the I
Alphabet soup to spew and all that is left is the world in syllabic mildew
Rotting up there on the walls like molded black specs to recall
The storms of times where I, where I could only converse on a hallow line

One script and I have had enough of it, jump on out and bust the year
Like a shotgun beer, just down it now and ask questions later
Because the time is coming and yes, there will be time to save her
For conscious contemplation after the teenage exuberant celebrations

No comments:

Post a Comment