Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Manifest Sympathy

Manifest Sympathy

Take some time and live this life
Take these bags and find my own taxi cab
Off to a New York shuttle through the muddle
Of memories of answered, no’s  

Break the bad and cheer the sad with empathy an enemy overturned
To know a feeling that is not an outlaw
Welcome it home like a prodigal son,
In the glare of silenced air

Like the hallmark of self confidence  
Without self destruction overwhelming  
Breaking clear, that in every bearing straightened out there is a desert to cross
To dry out every duct, to slice into every pig that is stuck

Every pinch and inch taken as a measure,
See the count of the tears
Crawling in and up, so sure that nothing
Can hurt me anymore, sympathy has left

None of the lies can infiltrate the disaffected
I am impervious.  I am concern immune. 
Nothing can stop the stand-alone juggernaut  
Tackling all takers like a run away freight-tanker

Barging over water-ways, bridges of sand, claw like evolution
Stampeding cattle-calls in living rooms
Asking questions mothers glossed over
Choosing to keep wonders quiet and vision impaired

God and I out on a porch swing, waiting on the step
Come out and bleed off the list
Of the things I wanted to ask but was too alone and afraid
To grasp, now we are here

I know answers like a ghost sight
Empathy expended and sympathy gone, do or do not,
I will change only my exit, only my entry
Find the vision in the surgery

Realize the lies of options, dependencies in fractured me’s
Shattered and re-gathered in the bowls of ruins
I am Excalibur slashing truth into hunks and morsels
Of slithering scoundrels evacuating the lethargy of selflessness

Self-determination manifest destiny is subservient
To manifest sympathy as a parlor trick, everyone just wants to talk
Over and over again, never listening and only forgiving when convenient
To a self-serving argument,

No comments:

Post a Comment