Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Romantic encounters with Aquatic Mammals

Romantic encounters with Aquatic Mammals

I need to remember to push the clips concertedly to the right
Lift the window pane and engulf fresh air into this room
Like a gaping humpback trawling for nourishment
In the millions of infinitesimal morsels floating in the air

Between what I need from her and what I am failing to receive
If not here, then where, if not in these thoughts than in whose
Should I find sanctuary to the foundation of nutritional building blocks?

If she just told me, “I love you.  I trust in who you are and I want that man in my life.
These logistics are satellites to the man that I love and I want to focus on the core of an us.
I am willing to not know.  I am willing to give you the benefit of doubt and the margin for error,
Because I enjoy the balance in how we fit together in our lives and that means more to me than I can articulate to you, but none the less can express.”

But those are words of green-eyed unicorns.  I am simply bartering with myself.
Imagining the words of a woman with the gall to ask me about the intentions of other suitors
Of the implications of fun, of head shots and DJ’s, of ride away concourses and a
Demagnetized compass from my magnetic north.  I am irrelevant to the rotation of that axis.

Rather, rinse repeat and these are not leaves that will change colors in spring
They are to the structure of her nature and inclement to my own
My savior complex always the optimist, when it is I who need the preservation
Learning how to swim like an orca enraptured with a beach head

Pulled between the sand barges and staggered as immobile as a blue
Perfectly planted like a building in these shifting granules impregnated with romantic suicide
Hoping on the potential for her to ever live in this ocean or me to return to land
We breathe the same air, but the logistics are problematic

Sunk in and known that this has no place to go based on my instigation
I have moaned out these calf calls in an echo location of Pacific pathways
And her allergies to this blubber I carry are paramount
I am with bulk, like an anchor to this step shore line for a daughter in mooring

My position system is tangent to an approximate distance like a sun ray from the sun
Appearing expansive, but generating from an identical nexus in repeated fashion
No matter the iteration I will always be as I am here in clasp to this storyline
Knowing that the packaging of this subset of considerations is ultimately immaterial

To the gravity of love that does not exist and no matter my blue size
My own Newton definition of a body with mass can not pull as if I was bearing my own moon
To cajole these tides into undulating my bidding of her into this sea, to join me in an honest desire
No that intention is on solid ground to dispel that endeavor and so I must wiggle this tail,

Teeter these would be limbs and scuttle back away from this beach for chance I fry in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment