Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lotus


Lotus

Static shock and blocked direction locked to this spot
You are not my answer, you are not my messiah
You are just another candle floating on an un-tethered lotus upon these waters
Moving in the currents and colliding and residing

Back in a divergent direction and the loneliness creeps back
With a purified strain in its allocation to my blood stream
The immunity of that bliss has passed wanting to believe
There was a sail on this mast

Aimless and godless, where is your power? Where is your concern?
Why would you care?  Why would you love? Are you selfish?
Are you even a self?  Truth like a backpack and the bottom has fallen out.
Trying not to give up, wanting a reason to fill that glass

The longer I stick around the closer to the ground
Conscious thought fogs in, that this is all there is
Planets and celestial all the same there as heaven, as hell
Apathy drenching and all the faces keep on pelting

The difference between love and sex and
In the splinters I have nothing left
All these fingers have left me numb and I have none
On either side of that divide of you or I

The lotus floats and rows and there the petal stows
The seeds of hallucinogenic means grasping at the straws of incomplete
Too short to reach the liquid edge of where the solid meets the dredge
Of filaments beneath the parts of speech I wish you would bequeath

To me like parting gifts to describe the life we could have lived
In a parallel life in a parallel time, where you were more certain
And I was caked in so much less grime, all around this drifting stint
Wanting to pray and feeling limp

To know the purpose pure of penitent or recusant
Redemption, supplication, to bow down with the whole costumed nation 
Naked emperor in China’s agnostic fervor call out and fall out
To the mystery tree in Singapore, Peter rock solid and hop scotch to Holland

Van Gogh obsessing with asceticism in letters to Theo and let it go
To binge anew and the silence swirls the absence like a magnetic butterfly
Drawing in and in the end, the lotus rows and there she goes
Blinking out of focus like a shutter fly, and where did I?  where did I?

Fulfill the task, do the good, traverse the maze and there the center stood
Like the golden fleece on the inner oak for Ares waiting for the Argonauts
Finding redemption and damnation in the same grasp, how do I distinguish the two?
How do I ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment