Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Immutable Man

Immutable Man

I wanted you to be the face I woke up to
The balance to that equation
The variable proofed out and surrendered to like an adjacent
Mechanism of must affixed to every conjunction of but

Hanging there on sentences rendered to time
To have whatever chaos, whatever pains or passions or refrains
Circling the music halls of this stadium playing out
But there was you in equilibrium

The counterpoise for the equipoise, the counterpoint
Of melodic lines combined so that they establish a harmonic relationship
While retaining their individuality
A contrasting but parallel element entwined with mine

Your heart was like this beautiful tragedy of un-flagged territory
To straddle my steed in a land rush in an overture for your emotional core
And in this dash what was in a sunset shared is now fleeting with dawn
This ponderosa is howling in precarious teetering, cockeyed and lopsided

I wanted you to love me and find an ebullient passion
For this conjoining and in the tragedies of realities
The fluctuating variables provide derivative rates of non change
Unsuitable for your calculus to find symmetry for a girl awash in mutability

The irony in the cast-iron cattle brands how can I deny who I am
Stuck out here in hick-town tumble weeds rolling and the city calling your sounds
In the crux of all this love, it sits here torrid in this campfire for you
Beachwood burnt and all this hurt of what I can not change

The immutable man out on this range pleading to a sky on fire in the algebra of us
Knowing parts of you are so slippery for me to grip, evasive and permeating the picture
Of us in a family photo, the portrait of our Bible, the lines of time of your career
Setting your keys on the counter of a day’s fruition contemplating the guilt

Of this room like a prison to dreams wanting you to want this
Wanting you to find joys divergent and yet I shed this selfishness to offer you the freedom
To live in fluxing mercurial flicker to paint your own canvas, to select your own hues
With a man capable of the white backdrop for the genesis of your iterations

I am undeniably branded, tattooed without the benefit of surgical remedy
Part of me is stricken with a pain beyond that of my own scars
That in addition to their culminating narrative, they have now cost me you
Unbalancing and heavy, mendacity no, this actually happened in a pain most genuine

No comments:

Post a Comment