Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spelunking

Spelunking

Just in a dire to be inspired
Slunk over for the white-horse times
To believe beyond these lines

These mangled logistics are like prison bars
Asking any visitor to get locked up in here with me
The depressing overtones come in waves and lie here estranged
From every modicum of concern bleeding over into a feeling

I thought I could learn to believe in as pertinent
All these diamond mines to go find stoned over faith
Chisel it out and out and damned thought I had it in these hands

Just an over-run generator lighting up a dark place and stage for
Over-worked miners get lost as spelunking climbers
Hoping to see the light they use to see trapped down here in me

Searching for something they wish they never went searching for
All I can do is apologize for the lives I have cost them
Should have never allowed for their assistance

Just leave me down with my monsters and say good day  
Well intentions and diligent helpers, but I have got booby traps and bells
Ringing alarms that no one can fix what is so lost and gone

I am in a dire to be inspired
Slunk over for the white-horse times
To believe beyond these lines

I am seeking an ampersand like an outstretched hand
Won’t you conjoin with my conjunction &
I know it is not your function

A lie I keep inside, because I am afraid to change
I tried before & before and it just left me estranged
From hope ever further like a feeling I can no longer emote

So I buried this jewel in a cavern some place away
There was a reason that I think I should take
For granite-clarity this is just the way it has to be

No comments:

Post a Comment