Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Picture on Avenue Q


 Picture on Avenue Q

I do not even have a picture of us, not one
The playground of a memory to play in the thought that you had a thought
Of permanence in the recollection of a building block on the extension
Of looking at me when I was not there was a care

That you had in the air above your pillow like a kaleidoscope of a thought
For a dream to run through like a little girl dashing bare foot and giggling
Summer dress and flowers in tall grass gripping each pass like a pirate mast
Ship to set sail grab my hand and avail your concerns and doubts

Like knots of rope and mapped out spice routes of adventures afoot
And in the matted paper and radiant sienna hues of a me and you
The picture of a memory splinters that the couple of kids smiling
Had a permanence you wish to remember beyond the folding of this December

Around the calendar of eleven and all these rain drops that topple
Over cares and tears that why not me and you and abandon all these fears
That selfish and stubborn says Austin is never and California has drowned out the window-side
And mine and mine is a swamp and mire in this Louisiana brush fire

Burning on sunsets and regrets you will never get passed, forget me forever
And take that picture in a side spent reality I wish I had you here to see that you wanted me there next to you like a feeling I could pass on and imbue a sense of what was
That I was, that I was, that I was in one afternoon loved

Like a spotlight that you were grabbing hold and gripping tight
To me and smiling for all to see fluttering and landing in my arms
The planning of forever could wait and tomorrow I could equate
All this to more than just a postcard of just saying hello

And Pennsylvania could break and New York could state
A smile and dive that I could be next and never was all of the feathers
Dove tail down and all I am left with are wanted to sounds and images
In my head of the derivative of an equation, the rate of change in the bastion

Of love like a hand on my leg in an audience and stage of avenue Q
And you were flustered and I had the answer in the arms of this pasture
And yet I have no picture no framed out sister image of that night or any
And all of it staggers in the matter that all this life is a lie and so I and so I

Subside into the pride of moving on and asking that memory has moved
And recreating the haze just blurs and you are gone and so is love
The heart is powerless to the structure of the logistics tragic
And the only thing left to photograph is a ghost town.

No comments:

Post a Comment