Thursday, October 11, 2012

Recession

Recession 

I need someone to believe in me
I could be the best kind of religion
Flawed human, acknowledge the hypocrisies
Dangling from good intent  

I let go, shed to bone, scraped the marrow
Tube in a neutral grown ant hill
Allowed the insects feast and digested the memories
As food for other bodies  

Emptied, naked, truncated the sentiment to hold on
Plain as frame, patient predicated on potential
Faith for another to attempt to see
Any of this collection as a potential for empathy  

Reward or a semblance of faith
Harboring trust in a convalescent caretaker
That the deposit would be gardened
To spur a tendril to spiral beyond  

To put out more than was put in
A promise of investment return
That I was worthy of contemplation
For that moment of inquiry 

No comments:

Post a Comment