Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Joke

A Joke 

I wanted to make a joke about suicide
I did with my therapist once
We both laughed out loud  

She asked if I ever thought about it
The joke was in my grin
As she and I both smiled at the thought of the obvious
Why wouldn’t I? 

I wanted to make a Facebook post about the laugh
I declined thinking the measure would be misconstrued
As a cry for help,  

(I do not want help.  I want a reason to be happy
On top of merely existing.) 

I perpetuate respiration, food intake, sleep, work, mortgage payments.
The cycle is boring; Pursuing intellect is a baleful waltz
Towards the allure of oblivion and the cacophony of the mundane  

Religion, hope, dreams, love, vomit, disgust
None digest down, only nausea, stiff neck revolt
Strychnine in the climb out of bed, sheets soaked in sweat
Cancerous moles polka-dot the back; biopsy the whole  

I want one memory that is not a vampire
Alive, permissible for reference without taint of stake coronary
Explosion of dried blood to the floor boards, plasma
Legal notices on doors, swimming holes booze and gunshots 

Bullets and smeared make up, waiting for a ride, car pool is late
Commute-town vagabond, heroin sunshine, depression cold-slide
Flamingo hips, disjointed elbows, bend backwards past the threshold
Cannot eat this fill fucking chocolate wonder-fall! 

America gone disease-billed, bacteria-taste buds climb the landfill
Scavenging for a friend in the heap, zombie gorging brains
Who the hell to talk with, converse until meaningless is a thrill
Rot this desperation out, until I can roust the bout  

Succumb to the dope-lung, drug the billows, hold the pillow
Over the head instead of under, block the airway until mother’s shudder
Walk in rooms like nirvana, just smile all the time with Tweedy
Have real teeth like melted butter; come and laugh with me; be a Joker tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment