Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halfling


I am not here
I think that has been the problem
Planet, universe, cell phone
I am only present in shade

Particles waver between where I have been, will be and am
As I exist in both
Thoughts drift satisfying no one
Destined for isolation connected with the whole and nothing

Seated in a two-top café reading The Count of Monte Cristo
Listening to the tattoo women gossip of mistresses and husbands
Internet profiles and messages of identity
Thinking about who is mating with whom

I don’t want skin-art or a Halloween costume
That would be like declaring presence as if it mattered
What I appeared to be like people could see me
Another bar room concert solo

I am not here
I think that has been the problem
Introductions, cordial reflections
It takes a moment for my ship to return

A few seconds for my brain to exit that plane
And conjure words appropriate for the surface of my body
Viewed, watching, participating in this dance
Mind is staggered hoping there is another place

A bigger picture washing in ways imperceptible
Causing the pause to search knowing nothing will ever be found
Yet the search is everything
The retirement, the status, the hell of distraction piles stacked

Nah, just the journey, the quest, the blazing soul asking questions
Praying to grant oneself permission to be with people,
To be present in full either here or there and end this Halfling

From this grand purgatory 

No comments:

Post a Comment