Saturday, November 22, 2014

Electric Don Giovanni

Every time I have felt God the most
It has hurt the most

The certitude rises, faith creeps in like a mist-tide
Soaking the floorboards to the nostrils
That there is an interconnection
Between the potential energy one wields to better the universe

Through love
Of partner, of neighbor, of progeny, of stranger
Through a foundation of feeling God
In all things

The approach is so wonderful
The indulgence in the apertures is heaven
The drink of the slow miraculous imbibe
The moments of eyes staring back in such hues of spirit

To taste that is like electric faith surging in my transitory atoms
Nuclei flaring divine that no matter the path
All is forgiven and dancing like Mozart’s Don Giovanni
That man could explode and return to the whole exalted in the moment

God is right there breathing into chest
Filling lungs with all there is in a circular breath
Blood with the everything, not limited to the wonder of the other
But that the silence became an opera and I could hear the Lord

And so in the pain of that voice retiring into the mires of ambivalence
The bogs of my words falling mute like the swoop of grass blades
Wanting to be more to a foot
Knowing my voice has no God in it

My pages contained no twinge of the divine to prompt reservation
To assuage the whim of a second guess
I was a parcel of nothingness and if there is a God
Where do others see God in me?

Wanting to be a vessel; these words that observe the hopes, dreams, love, and fear
Of those crossing my path would somehow root
Wanting to be more than a drifting tumbled seed failing to locate wetted soil
Praying God to guide me to my lighting-rod garden

Somehow, someway, remembering that surge, hoping a damn bit of it was real 

No comments:

Post a Comment