Sunday, December 23, 2012

Acoustic Medley Saturday

Acoustic Medley Saturday

The space when no one else is here
Bob Marley is humming an acoustic medley on my stereo
“Searching the hard darn day for a woman to find my mind
Someone told me I could find her here” 

In the whispering walls of banal Saturday
Nowhere to go but inside the call of an internal
Every day I see my way all the more monk-like
Peace in a divergent concept of time 

I am trying to be as in touch with stone as my flesh will allow
The harsh is washed, the calcification is a misunderstanding
Surviving the winter is a fire pit of cinders ascending
“I’ll push the wood, blaze the fire.  Satisfy your heart’s desire.”  

The notes ride in incomplete sentences singeing on temperance
The mortar slips into a chasm of corners looking for happiness
Patience is a glint splayed on a sun beam, no hurt in vain
To the train’s horn blow repeating 

“If you don’t go looking for happiness, I am a hurting inside.”
The lever of ambition and letting go, the flow of time is a clenched hand
When exposed bone outside the self, patience in the love held
For one’s own possibility, to be by definition loveable  

Capable of taking in, man must form a basin of containment
For that which he wishes to offer to pose an arrangement
Of reciprocation the fears the compassion the last of the entanglements
Patience roots like rosebud, monk-like in the throes of time

No comments:

Post a Comment