Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Coughed up Demon

Coughed up Demon 

I coughed up my demon today
The rancor clung to my jugular
Stripped the sinus, latched the talons of immunity
Years of illness wandering like vagabond soldiers  

In un-kept wars, dusty marching order combat-boots
Stars align and astronomy aids floating like sewer maps
Where air flows when there is nothing to retract
After all the consequences are complete  

Bullets fired and memoires written  
The limbs shimmy up my gullet
Out my trachea busting my bronchi
The trees fall without a sound  

The infection is yellow-eyed, swollen and jaundice
Laughing a symphony in apocalyptic chords
Hammering piano, organ tones ring for an exit strategy
Claws pecking an order up the ranks of epiglottis prison shanks 

To sneak the back-up out the entrance
Mouth awake and from the font of ancient crops
My demon stammers out besotted and rancid
The rank of knowledge permeates the solarium  

The Sunday morning gatherings stare with dilated pupils
Guffaw gawks and banking charts of what was ill-timed
What was for nowhere, but is here
Inconvenient and pertinent; my monster craves the esoteric 

Shun the crowds away, speak with a babble tongue
Curmudgeon of language and reptile skin lugged
Monster wants the sun to see, the hell that lives to breed
The internal hallelujah of knowing what is, over what is palatable 

No more plastic prayer value meals
The lizard is prowling, the monster is exercising
New Year and no going back down in the pit
My demon is flying night’s wing and my is he beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment