Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rise up Thirteen

Rise up Thirteen 

I coughed up my demon today
His crawly legs and hands leaped out my mouth
And I gave him nowhere to land
Back in my sight, my ear or my faith  

That all he has taken was mine to reclaim
Abomination mosquito, gone with the symbols
Of what I wasn’t, what I am
Of what I could be, but never understand

Curse extrication, let the bad thoughts go
2013 is here, time is afloat
Pensive and positive in the bottle neck of confidence
Mules bucking malcontents 

Wandering for faith to have a face to believe
One will do it and break respiration in keys
Raining like answers droplets of tomorrows
Possibility’s children born in the skin of a seed  

Blossom in timelines wrapping
Like lassos for thought-crimes
To deny who a man was stitched to be
From wearing the fabric of natural memory  

The synthetic can spill, oils and plastics and never chemical blizzards
Portals of nature spiral like apertures of innocent truth burgeoning
Water underground purer and calm collecting silence like turquoise equipoise
Equilibrium frolicking like Irish dance jigging hooligans prancing side by side  

Friend to friend, arm to arm, bagpipes and drums, kilts and naked songs
Drink a whiskey, a gin, a song from she to him
I give you my actions, I give the tone subtraction
To lay demons on the doorstep, knock-back the precepts 

Of who, what-was, curses and the darkened pauses
I come without the enemies, burnt them in a pyre
Coughed up and belly laugh, giggle for the alcoholic fires
Demons have flown the coop and cannot think of a better reason for a bruise  

This chest-thump scraped in the muck
Congregation of two and knuckles up
Winter is bleeding cold into spring and rise singing on street corners
Ready to go another round

No comments:

Post a Comment